Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"A Mistletoe Affaire" - reminder of participation

Copy of email I sent out to interested artists. Please comment -


I am writing to you because you have showed interest in participating in the upcoming exhibition, "A Mistletoe Affaire" which will be at War'Hous Visual Studios, 4715 Main St., Houston.
This is just a reminder that I have not received your artist's agreement, entry fee, digital images, or some or all of the above. 
I am trying to get a complete list of artists so I can get some graphic art put together for a poster. So if you can confirm your participation, you will have your name included in the PR. 
I know I gave a deadline of Nov. 26 for entries but I need to know if you will be participating for certain. 
Dates to remember: 
Installation, Dec. 3, beginning at 5pm. Please deliver your artwork at this time. We will be installing the exhibition at this time until we are finished that evening.
Opening Reception, Dec. 4 beginning at 7pm. I have one musician lined up for entertainment, Debbie Forrest. She must leave early so I am still looking for another form of entertainment, musician, poet, performance artists, etc. If you know anyone interested in entertaining for tips, please let me know ASAP.
AAW Holiday Social Event, Dec. 14 beginning at 7pm. AAW artists invite everyone plus guests. Artwork may be removed following this event by artists.
Take-down, Dec. 15 beginning at 5pm. The gallery will also be cleaned as soon as the art is removed. I appreciate anyone who is willing to help with cleaning.

Also... Since the gallery space is rented, there will be many days (Dec. 5- 13) which are open for other gatherings. If you know anyone who would like to have a group gathering for the holidays and needs a space (office party, business gathering, meeting, group party, family get-together, etc.), please let me know. This is a great opportunity to direct traffic to the exhibition. Regular gallery hours are weekdays, noon - 8pm.

On one of the days of the exhibition I would like to have a gathering of fellow artists interested in painting together. If anyone is up for it, we can have a live painting event. Please let me know if you are available, interested, and suggest a time and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment